K. Wiggins
K. Wiggins, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified Technician, Associates Degree in Automotive Technology, 15+ years in the trade
68360881

How hard is it to replace the cable from the alternator to

Customer Question

How hard is it to replace the cable from the alternator to the battery cable on a 2004 KIA Sedona. Cost of part? Thank you
Category: Kia
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I am willing to pay the 28.00 but do not want to do a monthly thing, if this can't happen refund my 5 dollars and I will figure it out
Expert:  K. Wiggins replied 2 years ago.

Labor time to replace the alternator is 3.4 hours. As far as the cable itself goesKIA doesnot sell just that cable. So they would either be making one or cutting up a harness from a salvage yard for it.

What I would suggest is paying an indepednent shop do what is called a " Big three upgrade" The factory cable can be retained while a larger gauge wire is used to come of the alternator to battery and bigger ground wires are used. The kit runs around 50.00 before shipping and I'll post a link below along with info on removing the alternator.

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_74886_XS-Power-BIG3XP.html