Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various automobiles at a dealer and independently.
14928985

Kia 2700 new rebuild engine everything new hard starting and

Customer Question

kia 2700 new rebuild engine everything new hard starting and white smoke has done 3000km advanced dieselpump slightly and adjusted richness on pump 1/2 turn out but battle to start when cold added an extra switch for glow plug exstended time till 21 seconds
what can be the reason new sleeves new pistons all new injectors as well except diesel pump not reconned but seemed ok replace prime pump as were cutting during idle and pressure dropped then cuts from idling
Category: Kia
Expert:  Pete replied 2 years ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

My info is limited on your model here but I see no one else has responded and thought I would see if I can help here.

Check and see if the engine is burning any engine coolant.If your vehicle is losing coolant with this issue here this can be caused by a fault with something like a leaking cylinder head gasket or another component leaking internally in the engine causing the hard starting and white smoke issues.If the engine coolant is found to be o.k. and not found to be low at all with this issue let me know.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi pete ! the coolant level stays full and the temp just about normal , with the hard start and white smoke will stop say after 5-10 min running then all fine , there is an internal cooler on the water and oil side that was all cleaned and even a new head installed , I have set the valve clearance to 030mm intake and exchaust but could had the sequence wrong diesel pump timing slightly advanced and the richness 1/4-1/2 turned out , but when hot it runs good and idles fine just the cold startup a problem any pump and fuel setting ideas from your side ? I have installed a extra button for longer glowing as it only glows for 6 sec and the relay shuts therefore the hardstart problem please give me the correct valve clearance for in/exh and the sequence as well I did the old way rock1 set4 rock4 set1 and so forth as I know incorrect valve clearance can also cause hard starting
Expert:  Pete replied 2 years ago.

Unfortunately I don't have the settings for pump timing or clearances for valves here on this model myself.I will have to open this question up for others here to see if they can assist further on this as someone else here may have more info on what to check or do with this issue.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.No need to reply to my last post here unless it is a last resort as it will keep your question locked to me and others will not be able to view it.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
please see if you can it from someone please , as we also do not get info this side workshop manual very scares on this 2.7 kia workhorse
thx for your help