Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various automobiles at a dealer and independently.
14928985

I have a 2008 Kia Sportage that won't start and is making a

Customer Question

I have a 2008 Kia Sportage that won't start and is making a loud beeping noise. When you try to turn the engine over, it makes this high pitched 3 second long beep over and over.
Category: Kia
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
Check and make sure this isn't a low battery voltage issue causing this here.I have seen low voltage cause this type of fault before with electronics acting up.If the battery is found to be o.k. if you have any after market remote start or other components installed there is a chance this is causing electrical interference causing this fault or may have failed internally with its control unit causing this.
If there are no after market components I have seen in some cases where the electronic ignition switch can fail/act up and cause this here.
Thanks Pete