Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  35 years as an automotive tech
7276279

2006 kia sportage lx. blower motor not turning motor turns

Customer Question

2006 kia sportage lx. blower motor not turningmotor turns with power applied directly to it. fuses all seem good. replaced resistor and still no go
Category: Kia
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
There is power at the blower motor connector and the voltage goes up and down as I change the speed with the fan control knob
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
another thing I noticed and I am not sure if it is related or not. Now when the key is in the on position running or not there is a relay tripping at a regular interval. It sounds like it is coming from the left rear passenger air bag location. the only thing that I noticed stops this is if the rear door or window is opened the relay no longer clicks.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
or of course the key is turned off
Expert:  Ron replied 2 years ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
The problem you are having with the blower motor can be caused by any of the following,
Blower Motor
Blower Motor Wiring
Front Blower Motor Mosfet
Fuse
In order to determine what has failed you are going to need to do some testing. See the steps in the link below.
Copy and paste the link to your browser to open and view them.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/Blower%20motor%20Aug%2020.pdf
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ron,I went to look at the documentation you uploaded to dropbox again and it is no longer there. I was hoping to look at this issue again today. the last week has been crazy busy for me.Rob...
Expert:  Ron replied 2 years ago.

I have posted it again, please be sure to print it out as it does expire.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/Blower%20Aug%2025.pdf

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
when you say "Ground the blower motor at the Yellow wire at the blower motor" do you want me to jumper it straight to ground with alligator clips?
Expert:  Ron replied 2 years ago.

Yes that is correct.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
OK I will check this out after work.
Expert:  Ron replied 2 years ago.

Okay, I'm here if need be.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The wire color schemes do not match what you gave me. There was no yellow wire at the blower motor harness.
Expert:  Ron replied 2 years ago.

Is your system a manual system or automatic?