Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

I am having the problem described above. If I remove the

Customer Question

I am having the problem described above. If I remove the knob, will I then be able to put the Sedona in park?
Category: Kia
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The problem described was the gears all worked fine, but the car will not go into park. the article described the procedure for removing the shift knob which allowed the switch to move easily.
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.

I can see your referring to another post, though we can not see that post, so I may need more detail on the issue. If the reason for not going into park is the shift knob release then yet you can remove it and shift it, however if its the shift lock or the shifter or cable adjustment then no, this will not allow shifting into park.

You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.

Thanks Chris

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for the response Chris. I had asked the question to try and be certain that my removing the gear shift knob would let me shift into park. I had to act before I got your response. I removed the knob and was able to shift with no problem. I am getting ready to order a new gear shift knob.

Glad its resolved.