EricFromCT
EricFromCT, Technician
Experience:  Kia Professional Elite, ASE A1-A9 L1 L2 Certified. 20 years dealer experience.
34559540

2014 sorrento. 55,000. Interior light does not work when

Customer Question

2014 sorrento. 55,000. Interior light does not work when door open or unlocked by key. The light work when switch is in on position. Not in dor position. The red lights sorrento on the floorboard light up when te door is open. The lift gate operates normally
Category: Kia
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 2 years ago.

Hi. Have you tried opening a door other than the drivers to see if the dome lamp will come on?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
None of the doors when opened wlill turn on the interior lights. The tailgate will turn on the cargo light when opened. When unlocking the doors with the key The interior lights will not come on. The only way is to select the light button or manually depress the light switches in the cabin. They will not go out while driving if selected this way. It is EX model There is a button labeled DOOR that when selected use to turn on the overhead lights when the doors were opened or unlocked.

Ok. I know of the diode concern you are looking for, but that was on much older sorrentos, like 2004. I am going to review the wiring diagram and check for any messages from kia. Give me one second.

Do you have power tailgate?

There are no messages or bulletins from KIA on this issue. The interior fuse panel has the software built in which controls the dome lamps coming on when the door open signal is sent to it. The door open signal appears to be working, since the sill plate lights up when the door is open. The first thing you need to check will be the fuses. In the interior fuse panel, check the fuse INTERIOR LAMPS (10amp), MODULE 3 (10amp), and MEMORY (10amp). If those fuses are good, then the next step will involve using a test light and checking for power from the fuse panel to the interior dome lamp assembly and possibly some other locations, to find why power is not being applied when the door is open.

Have you figured out what was wrong with your lights. If you have I would be interested to know what fixed it. And if you haven't then we can check a few more things.