Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

Have a 2006 kia Sorrento that will not turn over suddenly

Customer Question

have a 2006 kia Sorrento that will not turn over suddenly
went to store everything working great
came out and started up fine only no gauges on the dash and the ac was not getting cold, got home and shut it off and
now it will not crank. load tested the battery and it is fine, can hear something clicking under the dash when turned to start position
Category: Kia
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry for the delay in getting a response to you. Sometimes we get alot of customers and just can not keep up. Sometimes you just have to wait for the correct tech to login.

Do you even still need help. Sometimes customers seek help elsewhere or figure it out on their own before we get to each and everyone.

I am sure I can help a lot or a little at least something if you give me a chance and work with me. I am going to get an answer to you regardless if you reply or not sooner or later.

If your concern is urgent reply and let me know and if you have anything more you think will help me, to help you, let me know. I work on here normally 3pm-3am central.

Thanks Chris

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am still waiting for possibilities of where to look next

Open the link below, I will use that information after this answer. Turn the key to the run position, at the starter are 2 wires connected to the solenoid. Briefly touch a wire across them, does it crank and start?

You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.

Thanks Chris

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I found part of the problem it was the engine fuse. the fuse was blown but will show continuity. so some where it is back feeding through the ground, which I have yet to find. also I received my ase cert in 1980 but have no training on the newer systems be cause I went into the heavy haul and heavy rigging industry I just do this for relaxation

Which engine fuse are you referring to?

Did the new fuse also blow?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
30 fuse in the fuse box. it blew the next day but still had continuity, which means it is back feeding through the ground somewhere in the starting circuit.

I assume your saying it had continuity to ground, if so then most all fuses do, because they are powering a circuit that is also connected to ground like a bulb for example. Use the file below, I can not tell which fuse your calling #30.