Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  35 years as an automotive tech
7276279

I have a 2011 kia optima LX that I bought new. I drive this

Customer Question

Hey Chris...I have a 2011 kia optima LX that I bought new. I drive this car 150 miles each day and have always had good luck with it. I keep it serviced and today I have 135K miles on the car.
Recently, my son was driving the car and was involved in a wreck that messed up the front end. The car was towed to a body shop and repaired.
As I drove it out of the body shop driveway, I noticed that the car did not have the pickup it always had and that it was shifting roughly. I also noticed that the check engine light was on. I immediately took it back to the shop and left it.
The next day, they called me to tell me that they had used their computer to "read" the problem and that it needed two new spark plugs. I have since changed all four plugs and I am still having the problem.
Further, I have taken it to two different auto parts stores to have them read the computer in the car and they only get errors when they try.
So, I have two questions...the first is why my
Category: Kia
Expert:  Ron replied 2 years ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
I'm not seeing your two questions in your post, that being said , if the check engine light is still coming on then the computer is still seeing a system fault . If you can get me the actual fault code and or codes that the computer is setting I can direct you in the correct repair.