Mike, Technician
Experience:  Motor Technician of 34 years+ in vehicle repair and diagnostics.
9261905

2009 kia sportage key stolen. kia has a remote entry and key

Customer Question

2009 kia sportage key stolen. kia has a remote entry and key to start. Whats the longterm fix
Category: Kia
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Hello and Welcome..
My name is ***** *****
You can just order up a new key from the Kia dealer - some come coded to the car ( via the cars VIN which they would ask for ) -- others come, and you have to get the car to the dealer - for them to code the key to the car.
You would then ideally need to fix up a separate immobilizer kit to the car- to stop the thief that has your key from stealing it / the car.
The only other option is to have the locks and ignition replaced - and recoded - but this is very expensive. Maybe your insurance would pay that - you would have to ask them - but those are the two options you have.
Let me know how you go or if you need anything else / more -
~~~~ Meantime - Please do click on the "Exc / Ok rating" for me at this time.. "Thank you" in advance for that .
.. Note that you can get back to me anytime at all after doing the rating - it doesn't close you out.
-- Best Rgds, MIKE.