Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various automobiles at a dealer and independently.
14928985

Kia Sportage: ,A related question to the one you answered

Customer Question

A related question to the one you answered about a 2006 Kia Sportage aircon not working. Our's is a right hand drive model (not sure if it makes a difference). I have a specific failure mode that I can describe in detail. Are you good to discuss now? Thanks, Paul.
Category: Kia
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Detailed failure mode: aircon works initially when engine is turned on. After about 10 minutes the cold air stops but the blower keeps blowing non cold air. I've had the refrigerant checked, and it is fine. Sometimes the cold airflow can be reinitiated by turning the AC button off and turning the blower speed to high for about 10 minutes, then turning the blower speed back to normal and turning the AC button back on. This has been happening for about 12 months but I've been able to live with it because my journeys are short. In the last few days, the cold air isn't even coming when I first start the car, and I cannot get cold air at all.
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
My info is limited on your model here but I see no one else has responded and thought I would see if I can help here.
One common component that can fail or act up and cause this here is the evaporator temp sensor itself.Most models use this sensor and if this sensors signal is sending a false signal that the evaporator is freezing up it will turn off the ac compressor and cause this here.If your freon is over filled this will also cause the evaporator to freeze up and cause this issue.
Thanks Pete