sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

Kia Sportage: I have an 01 Kia Sportage went to a water puddle

Customer Question

I have an 01 Kia Sportage went to a water puddle and since then rough start rough idle sluggish taking off the air filter was dry so what might possibly be the problem and solution
Category: Kia
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 2 years ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!
There are quite a few things that could be going on. If it was truly related to going through water then you may have water in an electrical connector or down in a spark plug well. Water in a spark plug well from a puddle, rain or washing the engine will cause it to run poorly due to lost spark on the affected cylinder.
The first step in diagnosing the problem is seeing if any fault codes are set. Have you checked for codes?