EricFromCT
EricFromCT, Technician
Experience:  Kia Professional Elite, ASE A1-A9 L1 L2 Certified. 20 years dealer experience.
34559540

Kia: I'm James. I have a 2001 Kia Rio and the fuel injectors

Customer Question

Hi I'm James. I have a 2001 Kia Rio and the fuel injectors are not firing. Just tested with my noid lights and there's no power signal getting to the fuel injectors but the fuse is fine. Any ideas ?
Category: Kia
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I pulled the engine and transmission to swap the transmission because it was going out, but it started fine before I pulled the engine. Everything is back together and plugged in and there's spark and fuel to the fuel rail. But the injectors aren't firing. It starts right up with a shot of carb clean down the throttle body
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 2 years ago.
Hi. If you use your test light, is there power on the red wire at the injector connectors, with the key ON?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi Eric I checked and there's no power there with the key on or when I try to start it. There is continuity though. Is there a relay or sensor that could be causing this that I should look at?
There is a relay and some fuses that can cause that. There should be a fuse in the fuse box under the hood that says INJECT (15amp). Check that first for power.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
All the fuses in the fuse box are good.
You are going to have to check for power at the main relay in the fuse box under the hood. The main relay supplies power to the injectors when the key is turned on. It is in position 35. You need to remove the relay and use your test light and make sure there is power on terminals 1 and 2 of the relay, with the key on.