Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master certified, 30 years experience. Auto troubleshooting, electrical , ABS, SRS, EFI system
2947720

Kia Sportage: I have a 2002 kia sportage that I'd giving

Customer Question

Hi I have a 2002 kia sportage that I'd giving a P0422 Bank I code. I've replaced both coil packs and both O2 sensors and is still giving the code after I cleared it. Any ideas of what it could be? My mechanic checked my cat and he said there wasn't anything wrong with it. But does my car have a pre cat? Could it be that?
Category: Kia
Expert:  Jerry replied 2 years ago.
Hello. My name is ***** ***** you for using the site, I will be happy to assist you today.
.
Yes that is for the manifold cat, (precat)
There has been a factory service bulletin, (not a recall) for that type of concern.
.
.
Here is a link to what it states.
.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/jkjagswhb4t7ho4/DTC%20P0422%20Main%20Catalyst%20Efficiency%20Below%20Threshold.pdf?dl=0
.
.
Please don’t forget to rate the answer, **** THAT IS THE ONLY WAY I GET PAID **** if you need any more on it, I will be here.
.
Thanks