Kia

Kia Troubleshooting Questions? Ask a Mechanic

Kia

Kia Amanti: We have a mechanic who cut out the connector between

Customer Question
We have a mechanic who...
We have a mechanic who cut out the connector between the wire harness and the MAF sensor and doesn't remember which wires connect to each other . The car is a 2005 Kia Amanti . Harness side colors are green, yellow (best I can tell) and tan , the pigtail to the MAF colors are green , green with blk stripe , and tan . previous customer broke the pigtail connector to the MAF pigtail .
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Kia
7/13/2015
Kia Mechanic: George H., ASE Certified Technician  replied 2 years ago
George H.
George H., ASE Certified Technician
Hello I will help you with your question, The diagram(click here) shows the MAF connector with the wire colors under the wiring diagram on the right bottom. Let me know if you need help with the color abbreviations Let me know how I can help Thank you
This does not help at all , its the same one I have seen on google . colors do not match up with what I have on the car
Slow down, until I sent it I don't know what you have seen.
Where are you looking at the maf harness, near the sensor?
Yes the short pigtail from the sensor to the wire harness which is about 8 inchs long has had the factory connector removed leaving 3 wires on the harness side , and 3 wires on the MAF sensor side . Harness colors are green, tan , yellow , MAF side is green , tan , and green with a black stripe
Can you post a picture of the harness? I checked the year before and the year after your 2005 and they all show the same colors.
Let me know what you are seeing
Thank you
I'll need to go to the shop where its at .but I will send a photo
OK, no hurry, I am here all day.
Thanks
Well it would have helped if I had been told correctly what the part was . Its the Electronic Throttle Control , not the MAF , that explains why there are only 3 wires , but previous wire color description is still correct , do you still need a picture ?
How can leave this page without loosing you , do you need my e-mail address ?
I don't need a picture. Click here Let me know if you need help with the diagrams Thanks
I'm afraid without the colors to match up it would not be of any use to me . It just makes a difficult problem even harder .
OK, that is what I asked, if you need help with the color abbreviations. On the diagram I posted you see the 3 wire ETS connector at the bottom? See the 1,2,3, pin? You see the green/white,yellow designation? Those are the wire colors for the ETS connector. Let m eknow if that is clear? Thanks
No those colors on the diagram do not match mine . coming from the throttle control , I have green, green with black stripe , and tan . the harness colors are green , yellow , tan . (if the tan is actually white I cant say I unwrapped the protective cover and it still looked tan )
Usually the white fades to tan.
You said you were not sure this the ETS connector? Can you post a picture of what you are seeing? They didn't change the harness on these, the diagrams can be a challenge as they have lots of mistakes and you just have to measure the wire to see where it goes and which pin it connects to on the other end.
Let me know if you can get a photo or two.
Thanks
I don't see a pigtail in the diagram , that's where we have the biggest issue , if it were just from the harness to the sensor , it would be on problem . we took pictures and the colors are almost undetectable in them .
I think I might see a break thru , if I go from the harness to the sensor and quit worrying about the pigtail color , I might be able to straighten it up .
Between the ETS motor connector and the ETS control unit there is no pigtail.It is a solid connection for safety. I am still not convinced you have the correct component.
Colors or not it would help me to see the situation. I might see something you don't.
how do I send the photo to you ?
If you have a toolbar above your posting window use the paperclip icon to attach a picture, if not you can use a third party hosting site such as wikisend where they will give you a download link that you can copy and paste back here
Let me know how I can help
Thank you'
The colors are not coming out at all in the pictures . Only the green is a certain . I went down into the harness and one looks tan , and one looks sort of dark yellow , no indication of fading . I'm stumped as far as trying to figure out the two colors . Even with fade white should still look whitish . Where is the ETS unit to match up connectors ?
The ETS controller is the #6 on the right end of the dash as shown in the diagram below
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/26725849/at.pdf
You will have to copy and paste that link into a new browser tab.
Let me know how I can help
Thank you
George H.
George H.
George H., ASE Certified Technician