Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various automobiles at a dealer and independently.
14928985

Kia Sorento EX: My lock release button is stuck on my 2004

Customer Question

My lock release button is stuck on my 2004 Kia Sorento. The key will not release from the ignition. How can I fix this lock release button?
Category: Kia
Expert:  Pete replied 2 years ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
If this is a manual release button you can try and spray a small amount of lubricant around the button and see if it works free then.If this does not work I suspect a mechanical fault with the button or the release in the column needing further inspection and repaired.
Thanks Pete