Kia

Kia troubleshooting questions? Ask a mechanic

Kia spectra 5: Kia spectr 5 2005. Belt started whinning three…

Customer Question
Kia spectr 5 2005...
Kia spectr 5 2005. Belt started whinning three days ago until engine warmed. Then yesterday it whinned until warm and when a/c on. I had not drove for two weeks prior to this. Now check engine light on. Got code p0171 and p2243.
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Kia
Answered in 1 day by:
7/5/2015
Kia Mechanic: mr. b. rector, kia master tech replied 3 years ago
mr. b. rector
mr. b. rector, kia master tech
Hello, I apologize for the delay. The belt squeak I am sure has nothing to do with the fault codes you mentioned. I would check the belts to make sure they are tensioned correct and check to see if they are glazed over or dry rotted, then correct by replacing the belts if needed. The P0171 and P2243 are both related to the upstream oxygen sensor. Check the connection first at the sensor, if the connector and or wiring looks fine, then replace the upstream oxygen sensor. Reply back if you have any further questions. Thanks for letting me help, Mr. B