Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various automobiles at a dealer and independently.
14928985

I have a 2001 Kia Sephia. It will start with starting fluid.

Customer Question

i have a 2001 Kia Sephia. It will start with starting fluid. The fuel pump does not run with the key. I can jump the fuel pump and the pump kicks in but does not run. I got the wiring diagrams and tried to trace and realized the coil side of the fuel pump
doesnt have power. Went to the car computer and checked pin one no voltage when key was on. Since then i put in a new cam sensor and it did not change anything. So where do I go from here? Also is there a way to jump my neutral safety switch to see if that
is my problem? it has been in storage for around three years and was never started or driven but it did start fine when it was parked for storage.
Category: Kia
Expert:  Pete replied 2 years ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
Trace and inspect the wiring leading from the engine computer and ignition switch as well as the fuse panels and see if any damaged wiring is found.If a fault is found with the wiring the wiring will need repaired.This is usually the cause when a vehicle has sat for a long period of time.
Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have a engine light on but no codes
I've been trying to trace wire's no luck
I wish I had a wire diagram of power distribution box connecting plugs so I can trace easier
Expert:  Pete replied 2 years ago.
Is this the under hood fuse panel you are trying to find diagrams on?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes of the connecting plugs
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Because all wires seem like new
also the key switch wires colors what they mean
Expert:  Pete replied 2 years ago.
O.k.,looking through my info on this here I don't have access to the diagrams or connections to this.I will have to open this question up for others here to see if they can assist further on this as someone else here may have more info on what to check or do with this issue.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.No need to reply to my last post here unless it is a last resort as it will keep your question locked to me and others will not be able to view it.
Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Nobody wants to help it's been 3 days
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I hooked up a bt obd2 adapter it says cant connect to ecu
now ive replaced power relay box
and computer still no start but runs with carb cleaner
checked all ignition key wires
I can jump the fuel pump relay it turns on BUT STILL NO START