Kia

Kia troubleshooting questions? Ask a mechanic

Kia Sedona: I have a 04 Sedona and the timing belt broke while…

Customer Question
I have a 04 Sedona...
I have a 04 Sedona and the timing belt broke while driving it. Do I need to do a valve cover job to reset the cam shafts or will the timing marks work to reset the timing.
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Kia
6/29/2015
Kia Mechanic: EricFromCT, Technician replied 3 years ago
EricFromCT
EricFromCT, Technician
Hi. I see you have put a timing belt on. The 3.5 engine is an interference engine. It is possible that the valves are damaged since the belt broke when driving. What exactly is the problem you are having now?
it spins but have no fire and pumps no gas.
You should check the engine compression on both banks to make sure the timing is correct and that there is no damage to the valves.