Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master certified, 30 years experience. Auto troubleshooting, electrical , ABS, SRS, EFI system
2947720

Kia Rio: I have a kia rio 2008. when the ignition is turned

Customer Question

I have a kia rio 2008. when the ignition is turned off the blower motor stays on and I can actually turn up the speed of the motor while this is happening. the car also has problems with power when it is in motion, could this be part of the blower issue as well and what can I do to remedy this?
Category: Kia
Expert:  Jerry replied 2 years ago.
Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** you for visiting the site, I will be happy to assist you today.
.
With the blower staying on, (nothing to do with driving), what if you take the blower relay out, will it shut off?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I will try that, but will that solve the problem? if its a bad relay do I just replace that? I was hoping that others had come to you with this question to see if this is a problem with Kia Rio's.aaron
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
the problem with he driving is that the car will run good and all of the sudden it will lose power and the vehicle has to get off the road until it recovers.aaron
Expert:  Jerry replied 2 years ago.
We can only do one issue at a time on each question Aaron. The problem could be that the relay is sticking on but that would have to be determined on your end. I could post a few tests that most times get the cause pinpointed down.
.
As far as 'others', yes but each situation is different and there is no way to know exactly what the issue is with it.
.
Expert:  Jerry replied 2 years ago.
I have the test instructions for the relay in a PDF format, at the following link. You can copy and paste it into a new browser and rate the answer on this page.
.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/0a41vu962rip89e/INSPECTION.pdf?dl=0
.
Please don’t forget to rate the answer, **** THAT IS THE ONLY WAY I GET PAID **** if you need any more on it, I will be here.
.
Thanks, ***** ***** come again, anytime
.