Kia

Kia troubleshooting questions? Ask a mechanic

My 2006 kia optima (vin 4) died last weekend. I drove to work…

Customer Question
My 2006 kia optima (vin...
My 2006 kia optima (vin 4) died last weekend. I drove to work and parked. at the end of my shift i tried to start it and it turned over for a bit then died. Now cranks but does not turn over. there was no check engine codes either. I replaced the fuel pump because the fuel line had no pressure in it plus the car has over 200,000 miles so i figure it was about time it to go.That did not work so i replaced the crankshaft position sensor, and again no result (it cranks but no turn over.) I sprayed starter fuel in the intake and it turns over then dies..so it is getting spark. From here I'm lost any idea what could it be?
Richard in Cali
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Kia
6/19/2015
Kia Mechanic: EricFromCT, Technician replied 3 years ago
EricFromCT
EricFromCT, Technician
After you did the fuel pump, is there now fuel up to the engine?
Thank you for using Just Answer. Please respond with any further questions or comments. Thanks and please rate my service.