Mike V.
Mike V., Technician
Experience:  I have 25 years experience working on cars. I am also a factory trained Subaru and Nissan Tech.
2921078

Kia Sedona: my wipers in the front are not working and no

Customer Question

my wipers in the front are not working and no fluid comes out I recently had the hood fly up and crack my windshield the wipers were working before then
Category: Kia
Expert:  Mike V. replied 2 years ago.
Hi there,Were the wipers on when the hood popped on you?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I don't remember
Expert:  Mike V. replied 2 years ago.
Ok, does your car have the rain sensor or not
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No it doesn't
Expert:  Mike V. replied 2 years ago.
Ok, sorry for all the questions here.Does the rear washer work as it should?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes it does could it be a fuse?
Expert:  Mike V. replied 2 years ago.
It's not a fuse for the washer, the same fuse runs both the front and rear washers.It may be a fuse for the front wipers. There is a 30 amp fuse in the fuse box for the wipers. If the wipers were on when this happened it might have blown the fuse. The fuse is labeled front wiper from what I can see on the wiring diagram. I had to ask all those questions to make sure I was looking at the right wiring diagram. Please try changing this fuse and see if they work.Thanks.What happens next:Just Answer will now charge you for the full amount of your question.My goal is to provide you with 5-star service. If you cannot rate me at least 3-5 stars, we will keep working on this.Just Answer does not compensate me for my time and effort; you do with a 3-5 star rating.Follow up questions are included in your question price even after rating.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank You
Expert:  Mike V. replied 2 years ago.
You are very welcome, please let me know how you make out and also, please remember to rate, I would really appreciate it.Thanks so much!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Mike the motor is the problem also I discovered that there is no Freon in the vehicle
Expert:  Mike V. replied 2 years ago.
Glad to hear you got the issue resolved. Sorry to hear it wasn't a simple fuse of course! But, we had to start somewhere with it.If there isn't any freon then the best step to be honest is to have an A/C service done. They will add dye to the system and find the leak. It is possible the leaking part might be something you can replace yourself to save some money.