Kia

Kia Troubleshooting Questions? Ask a Mechanic

Kia

Kia Sedona: I have a 2003 Kia Sedona. Recently it started

Customer Question
I have a 2003 Kia...
I have a 2003 Kia Sedona. Recently it started to buck and then stalled. After about 5 minutes I was able to restart. The fuel pump and air filter were replaced. I started using it again, and it would stall when it was idling. I always have to wait about 5 minutes before it will start again. The auto shop put it on the computer and it showed the crankshaft sensor is out. Could this be vacuum lock and can I just replace the gas cap or do I need to pay for the expensive replacement of the crankshaft sensor?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Kia
6/13/2015
Kia Mechanic: fix it man, Master Technician  replied 2 years ago
fix it man
fix it man, Master Technician
Hello, my name is***** for the question. If I am not online when you return please give me some time to get back to you. The crank sensor is a very common failure on this engine. It is more than likely the issue. Also, if you are getting a crank sensor code it can easily be a worn out timing belt also if that has not been changed. This can be checked while the sensor is being replaced. If the belt is fine then only replace the sensor. Let me know if you need more help.
fix it man
fix it man
fix it man, Master Technician