Kia

Kia troubleshooting questions? Ask a mechanic

Kia Soul: the upper oxy sensor haness side connector was destroyed. the…

Customer Question
the upper oxy sensor haness...
the upper oxy sensor haness side connector was destroyed.
the wires are plnk blue green white harness side.
sensor side wht wht 2 black gray.how do they match up. i cant find a pigtail connecto anywhere or a color for the harness side
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Kia
6/12/2015
Kia Mechanic: George H., ASE Certified Technician  replied 3 years ago
George H.
George H., ASE Certified Technician
Hello I will help you with your question,
You have 2 whites one black and one grey correct?
yes what i need to know is which harness side wires connect to these harness side wires are pink blue green white
The white to the pink,
second white to the white
Blue to the grey
Black to the green.
Please let me know how I can help
Thank you
george seems to work fine taking a 100 mile test drive now good work was had to tell wht and wht 1 apart
The whites on the sensor are just both ends of a resistor so it does not matter which goes to the white of the vehicle harness and which to the pink.
Please let me know if you have further questions
Thank you
hi george the 2011 kia soul oxy snsor prolem rewire i did seems to correct proble works for about 60 miles then problem comes back I notice no problem in operation or milege any suggestion, also the tire pressue light comes on even when tp seems ok i am the second owener 68000 miles any warrenties avvaible?
No warranty available for this. You will need to get it diagnosed to see what is going on. Monitoring with a scantool will show if it is the sensor operation causing the code if you are getting a code for the O2 sensor. Let me know how I can help Thank you