Kia

Kia Troubleshooting Questions? Ask a Mechanic

Kia

Kia Sedona: My son didn't cover his soda well enough and it

Customer Question
My son didn't cover his...
My son didn't cover his soda well enough and it spilled against the center console in my 2004 kia sedona. As soon as that happened, I could no longer make my power windows, power locks, rear defroster, trunk warning light, seatbelt warning light, etc work. This was several months ago, and as time went on, the things listed above would work on and off, with no real rhyme or reason to it. now, they're not working at all, and it's hard to find information or a diagram of how to get at whatever's there to attempt to clean the connections or to know what part to replace.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Kia
6/10/2015
Kia Mechanic: Randall C, ASE Master Tech replied 2 years ago
Randall C
Randall C, ASE Master Tech
Hello, my name is***** will do my best to assist you with your question in front of the center consol and under front edge of the dash is a control module called the ETWIS = electronic Time warning intrument system, Everything you have not working etc all links to and through that module, I suspect you need to get toi the module, unplug the plugs, clean with electrical cleaner. The best way is to remove the consol, just makes more room to work, The link below shows how to take apart the dash but,, you really just need to focus on steps 10-14, excluding the glove box. You can also search online for KIA ETWIS and it shows pics etc of the module. You should be able to get consol out with the link I have provided, Copy and paste the link below. It is a .pdf file
https://www.dropbox.com/s/5taxwxl3rzunwtr/125.pdf?dl=0
Please remember to Rate my service provided, I work hard to provide the best information I can, Thanks
Randall C
Randall C
Randall C, ASE Master Tech