Kia

Kia troubleshooting questions? Ask a mechanic

Kia Sportage: My wife owns a 2001 Kia Sportage 4WD I believe…

Customer Question
My wife owns a 2001...
My wife owns a 2001 Kia Sportage 4WD I believe it's a 1.8L the problem were having is you cant even here the solenoid click on the starter motor even after we replaced it with a new Battery but the funny part about it is I took the Battery out of my 92 Toyota and it ran for 2 weeks before we started having this problem again and the new Battery tested good and then you have some people saying it's the alternator but if it was an alternator the lights,turn signals and radio wouldn't work would they? I had a truck before that done something similar but as soon as you turned the lights on the vehicle would die so I eliminated the alternator in this case unless you say different (lol) Just what ever you do please tell me it something simpler than me pulling that sucker off
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Kia
If you could call me now I'll be up for awhile(###) ###-####
Because our puter is an antique and slow as heck were still chugging along with Windows XP the reason behind that is because we dont get on here hardly at all (lol) yeah but if you don't mind you can call me anytime between now and when ever because I'm needing a vehicle to drive I'm Disabled and have a Dr's appt Wednesday and I'm also an ex 20yr shift worker so I'll be up !!!!!
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
(###) ###-####
could you please call me
it's 11:20am and still no answer please reply
6/9/2015
Kia Mechanic: SuperDave, ASE Certified Technician replied 3 years ago
SuperDave
SuperDave, ASE Certified Technician
Thank you for using Just Answer.I will do my best to answer your question.
The phone call isn't important to me for that much I would just like to see his answer to my problem
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Provide Diagrams, Manuals, or Instructions. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
I cant find his reply for my question , all I received was someone wanting $47.00 for a phone call which I do not wont !!! The mechanics name is SuperDave