Kia

Kia Troubleshooting Questions? Ask a Mechanic

Kia

Kia Sportage EX: Sportage shit button stuck & key will not

Customer Question
Sportage shit button stuck &...
Sportage shit button stuck & key will not come out
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Kia
5/29/2015
Kia Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 2 years ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Hello, I'm Chris. Thanks for seeking us for help.
The stuck shifter, often from spilled coke and coffee is not allowing the shift lock and ignition locks to correctly retract. if you remove the shifter knob, can you then get the key out. We may need to remove the shifter, is that a task you could do?
You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.
Thanks Chris
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician