Kia

Kia Troubleshooting Questions? Ask a Mechanic

Kia

Kia Sorento: XXXXX XXXXX a 2005 Kia Sorento with a D4BC Diesel motor

I have a 2005 Kia...
I have a 2005 Kia Sorento with a D4BC Diesel motor that runs for 20 minutes and then slowly seizes up. We changed the crank bearings and oil pump but still the same issue! need help?
5/12/2013
indy-tech
indy-tech, Technician
Name isXXXXX goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back,

Okay these engines are know for sizing even with a new oil pump due to bad oil circulation .

When you replaced the main and rod bearings what did they look like .

Can you post me a photo of the damaged bearings ,if not remove the bearings you just put in so i can see these .

Would be good to see the first set you replaced .
Greg

I am working getting pics. the bearings had spun on the crank as the small tabs to keep them in position were worn off. should have the pics tommorow I am flying today thanks Robin

Hi Robin .

A main bearing spin ,normally due to oil starvation,l was the last one or two bearings or all .

Greg

last two, one fully one partially the crank was mesured and is within .0001 of spec so crank is good still getting photos to send to you tommorow. I am in the US right now so this is a process. thanks Robin

Does Kia have a rebuild kit for this motor as the compression in all four are also low? If so what is the rebuild kit number thanks robin

Hi .

Robin here is an online engine O/H kits for your car ,if not listed please get in contact with them they will help you out .

Please click here .

Kindest regards Greg.

Hey Greg this is just gas motors they dont offer Diesel does anyone have one for the diesel in the UK?

Hi Robin .

Let check for you and will get back to you ,
See if there are any original parts on the market besides the dealer parts as they will be expensive ,

But i strongly suggest you use OE parts as aftermarket do not last long ,been there and paid badly .

Might be also a better idea to get a good used engine be faster and also a better warranty .

Greg
I reported that only 2 bearings were spun but the mechanic has said all berings were spun still waiting for pics
Robin i think if this is the case replace the complete engine ,looks like this engine is warped and causing you this problem .

Engine was most likely overheated pretty badly some time in the past .this is why you are doing it again.

Please save yourself a lot of money and hassle and find a good used engine at the salvage yard .

Need further assistance Robin then get back to me with the reply box below .

Rgds Greg
indy-tech
indy-tech, Technician
Does this motor have an internal oil pressure regulator valve?
Hi Robin .

All oil pump have a oil pressure valve but is not adjustable ,but this part may have sized valve causing this problem .

When an engine is O/H this part should be tested and replaced if needed.

Rgds Greg
indy-tech
indy-tech
indy-tech, Technician