Kia

Kia Troubleshooting Questions? Ask a Mechanic

Kia

I NEED SCHEMATIC/DIAGRAM/ILLISTRATION PRINT OUT FOR 2005 KIA

SORENTO EX 3.5L (2WD). CONCERNING...
I NEED SCHEMATIC/DIAGRAM/ILLISTRATION PRINT OUT FOR 2005 KIA SORENTO EX 3.5L (2WD). CONCERNING THE LAYOUT OF THE SPARK PLUG WIRING DIAGRAM TO THE DISTRIBUTOR TO SHOW FIRING ORDER OF EACH CYLINDER WITH THE SPECIFICATION OF THE TIMING /DWELL SET1 TOP DEAD CENTER OF THE ENGINE NO.1 CYLINDER TO SET THE TIMING OF THIS CAR.THANK YOU.
9/25/2012
Dan, Technician

Welcome to JustAnswer, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm here to help get your problem resolved. This vehicle does not have a distirbutor, it has 3 coils that power to cylinders each. Here is a firing order diagram so you can make sure you have correct order. Let me know if you have questions or if there is anything else I can do to help, thanks.

-

http://db.tt/JQhdxc1s

Dan, Technician
HI DAN THIS IS REGINA AGAIN.I NEED FULL SPARK PLUG WIRING VISUAL SCHEMATIC SHOWING WIRES CONNECTING TO THE BACK OF THE CAR TO THE TWO LEAD SENSORS GOING OVER THE TOP OF THE ENGINE TO THE FRONT TIMING BELT (DRIVER SIDE) TO THE TIMING GEAR ASSEMBLY.THANK YOU SO MUCH! I WILL GIVE YOU TIP IF YOU GIVE ME THE FULL SCHEMATIC CONNECTIONS OR ELSE THE CAR WONT START.THANK YOU SO MUCH!

That last diagram shows where the spark plug wires should be connected. Here are 2 other diagrams I have, let me know if they help or if you run into questions. Thanks.

-

http://db.tt/DvnLPSjk

-

http://db.tt/UQtoZZ33

NEED FULL DETAIL VIEW BEHIND THE TIMING BELT COVER WITH THE TWO LEADS AND HOW THOSE TWO SENSORS INTEGRADE TO THE TIMING BELT AND SEQUENCE OF SPEED TO THE TIMING GEAR AND THE CORRECT DEGREE TO SET DWELL TIMING OF THIS ENGINE. THANK YOU .

Here are pictures of crakshaft position sensor, camshaft position sensor which is 3 wires, and replacement instructions for timing belt. Let me know if you have questions, thanks.

-

http://db.tt/lM8pySo3

-

http://db.tt/9ceCOWIu

-

http://db.tt/uX5TQVjL

IM CONCERNED ABOUT THE TWO LEADS GOING INTO THE DRIVER SIDE TIMING BELT COVER CASE.THE LEADS GO THROUGH THAT PLÁSTIC COVER.HOW IS IT CONNECTED TO THE OTHER SIDE OF THE COVER. I NEED THAT EXPANDED VIEW TO UNDERSTAND THE CIRCUIT AND LAY OUT OF MFI SENSOR OPERATION.
On the drivers side of timing belt cover between upper and lower cover ther should be a slot for wiring to fit out, I do not have a diagram of this. Le me know if you have questions, thanks.
OUR VEHICLE HAS 120,000 MILES ON THE TIMING BELT.WHAT IS THE AVERAGE LIFE SPAN OF THIS TYPE OF DESIGN IN REGARDS XXXXX XXXXX?
It should be replaed every 60k miles or 60 months, whatever comes first.
HI DAN, WHAT STATE DO YOU LIVE? WHAT TIME ARE YOU GOING TO SLEEP.TO BE HONEST WITH YOU, I HAVE A LOT OF QUESTIONS.BUT I WAS THANKFUL TO RELIEVED US FROM SUFFERRING FOR ALMOST A MONTH AND A HALF.BECAUSE NOBODY HELP US ON WHAT TO DO CONCERNING TECHNICAL MATTERS OF KIA.I WILL SURELY RECOMMEND YOUR COMPANY FOR MILLIONS OF PEOPLE WHO SUFFERRING THE SAME.THANK YOU VERY MUCH BECAUSE GOD SENT YOU TO US. ANOTHER QUESTION RE: OUR CAR-WHAT POSITION DOES SHOULD THE CRANKSHAFT BE IN BEFORE MOVINGTIMING BELT OR DOES IT MATTER BECAUSE IT TRANSISTOR IGNITION. DOES NO.1 PISTÓN CYLINDER BE NEEDED TO BE TOP DEAD CENTER? THANKS.
I live in Minnesota, the crankshaft position sensor needs to be pointing down with wiring comming pointing toward the top. As long as the timing marks are lined up everything will be fine, then rotate crank pulley 2 revolutions to make sure it rotatse good. Let me know if you run into questions, have a great night.
ONE LAST IMPT.QUESTION PLEASE: NEED TO SEE HOW TO DISCONNECT RADIATOR METALLIC PIPE GOING OVER THE PASSENGER SIDE FUEL INJECTOR LÍNE THAT ARCHES ACROSS TOP OF ENGINE TO THE BACK SIDE ENGINE.NEED TO SEE HOW TO DISCONNECT THAT ARCH METALLIC PIPE TO GET CLEAR ACCESSS TO THE PASSENGER SIDE FUEL INJECTOR LÍNE JUST 3/8 inch BELOW RADIATOR METALLIC PIPE LÍNE NEED FULL DIAGRAM VIEWS WITH THE SEALS REQUIRED TO RECONNECT THE RADIATOR METALLIC PIPE AT BOTH ENDS. THANK YOU. THATS ALL FOR TONIGHT
Once you have the upper intake manifold removed you should be able to see the bolts holding the complete assembly in place then also remove the coolant hoses and it will all come out as once peice. Let me know if you run into questions thanks.
GOOD MORNING DAN!CAN YOU PLEASE GET A DETAILED DIAGRAM/ ILLUSTRATION OR GIVE ME A REFFERAL WHO CAN GIVE A DETAILED FRONT VIEW LAYOUT OF THE FRONT OF ENGINESHOWING THE TWO CAMSHAFT GEARS ABOVE AND CRANKSHAFT GEAR BELOW AND THE LAST POSITION IT SHOULD BE IN BEFORE THE OLD TIMING BELT IS REMOVED SHOWING CONFIGURATION NOT ONLY OF TIMING BELT BUT SHOWING WATER PUMP AND TENSIÓN PULLEY WITH SPEC ON THE CORRECT TENSIÓN TO SET NEW TIMING BELT.
With the type of diagram your looking for I think someone will need to have vehicle in front of them so they can take some pictures for you. I'll open question back up to see if someone else has these diagrams. Do not reply or question will be locked to me only, someone else will automatically reply when they can help. Thanks.
K. Wiggins
K. Wiggins, ASE Certified Technician

Hell Regina, I would be glad to assist you. You can view the timing belt installation procedure with illustrations by clicking here

The most important step before you remove the belt is to make sure the crank and cams are aligned to their timing marks. You may have to turn the crankshaft twice for all marks to align, then you can follow the procedure. If you need help or clarification on any step let me know.

Also below is a better illustration of the cam timing marks.

cam

K. Wiggins
K. Wiggins, ASE Certified Technician
HOW OFTEN DO THE 3 COILS FOR THE PLUGS NEED TO BE REPLACE? THE CAR HAS 120,000 MILES. THANKS.
The coils have no specific replacement interval. I have seen them last for over 150,000 miles easily. You can check them with a voltmeter to see if they are within specifications. I will post that procedure here.
K. Wiggins
K. Wiggins, ASE Certified Technician
HI THIS IS REGINA AGAIN.THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR ALL YOUR HELP.I HAVE TWO MORE REMAINING QUESTIONS LEFT.WHAT IS THE BEST RADIATOR FLUID REPLACEMENT TO KEEP HEAT DOWN/FRICTION DOWN AND HAS LUBRICATING QUALITIES TO LUBRICATE WATER PUMP-TO HELP EXTEND THE LIFE OF THE WATER PUMP?
KIA recommends " Ethylene Glycol for Aluminum engine coolant" What I personally use and would recommend is Prestone All Car reason being it is ethylene glycol based, has corrosion inhibitors and if you were ever in a jam and had to top it off on the road any coolant would mix with it.
As far as a water pump lubricant I would recommend THIS
Another I would like to mention is that on the sorento KIA actually recommends timing belt replacement in "severe service" at 40,000 miles. If you do a lot of stop and go in town driving a recommend that interval. The other part being I would recommend changing the water pump every other timing belt change. It's really a good practice since they are timing belt driven and a pump failure could break the belt which would lead to bent valves, etc.
K. Wiggins
K. Wiggins, ASE Certified Technician
GOOD MORNING KWIGGINS! BEFORE I ANSWER THE FEEDBACK QUESTIONS I HAVE ANOTHER QUESTION PLEASE.HOW LONG DO MOST KIA SENSORS ON THE CAMSHAFT SENSORS AND THE CRANKSHAFT TIMING GEAR SENSORS LIFE SPAN LAST EITHER IN MILEAGE OR YEARS? ,

These are like the coils, in that there is no definitive lifespan. With that said my personal observation and experience has been that they usually last anywhere from 100-150,000 miles.

With that said KIA comes with high quality sensors and when you decide to replace those I would suggest either ones from a KIA dealer or from OEM suppliers such as Auto 7 and Standard motor products. They are built to industry standards and will be as high of quality as KIA factory parts. I would highly avoid using any sensors made by the company Airtex, they have a high failure rate and are inferior parts from my experience.

Since you seem to be an avid DIY'er I also wanted to share this link with you as a source of high quality and discounted parts.

K. Wiggins
K. Wiggins, ASE Certified Technician
K. Wiggins
K. Wiggins
K. Wiggins, ASE Certified Technician