Cardoctor69
Cardoctor69, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master
3827149

Kia Sedona LX: How do I reset the immobiliser on a Kia Sedona

How do I reset the immobiliser on a Kia Sedona ? (54 reg.)
Ok is the issue the battery was dead in the vehicle?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
It should have been Ok as it had just done a round trip of 60 miles the previous day.
Then why were you using jumper cables?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I opened the car using the key and nothing happened when I swithed on the ignition. So I contacted the dealer who supplied the car and he suggested using jump leads and locking then unlocking the car using the fob. The dash showed the IMMO icon with the leads connected lit up but still no ignition. Maybe the battery is the problem but you'll know better than me.
Yes I would replace the battery . Dead cells in the battery will cause this issue. This would be the next step. .Bonuses greatly appreciated. Please rate excellent service so I get credit for my help anything lower then ok service gives me negative feedback and I do not get compensated for my time thanks . If you need further assistance just let me know.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I discovered that the battery was indeed needing to be charged up, so it's on a 24hr. trickle charge. I see that you recommend replacing the battery which may have to be done if it doesn't hold the charge. Please tell me that the IMMO light will be extinguished when the fully-charged battery is reconnected.
Yes everything will reset . So I would replace the battery if it was not fully charged. Hoped this helped. Bonuses greatly appreciated. Please rate excellent service so I get credit for my help anything lower then ok service gives me negative feedback and I do not get compensated for my time thanks . If you need further assistance just let me know.