Kia

Kia troubleshooting questions? Ask a mechanic

20 miles to another town, The red airbag light stays..passenger..fuses…

Replaced original battery about a...
Replaced original battery about a month ago, due to it going dead once a week after driving 20 miles to another town, The red airbag light stays on and driver and passenger power seats will not move since the battery was replaced. All fuses are good
2/1/2012
Kia Mechanic: PAULKIATECH, ASE Certified Technician replied 10 years ago
PAULKIATECH
PAULKIATECH, ASE Certified Technician
Since the air bag light is on solid it will have to be scanned. Then whatever part is causing the light to stay on will have to be replaced. As far as the power seats are concerned they also stopped working right after you replaced the battery? Do you have access to a voltmeter? Reason why I am asking is because from here we will have to diagnose weather the seats are getting the proper power and ground and go from there.

Paul
PAULKIATECH
PAULKIATECH, ASE Certified Technician
Paul,

We do have access to a voltmeter. Where would we check the power to the seats?
Apologies for taking so long to get back to you. Busy week for mu hubby and I needed to discuss the answer with him.
I will accept your answer and leave feedback as soon as I hear back.
Thank you for your assistane.
Lynda