Kia

Kia troubleshooting questions? Ask a mechanic

My remote key doesnt work I called the dealer &..module..new one…

Customer Question
My remote key doesn't work...
My remote key doesn't work I called the dealer & they said it could be calibrated for around $40 When I got there they said thev module would't work & it needed a new one for $280 does this sound right?
Submitted: 10 years ago.Category: Kia
1/28/2012
Kia Mechanic: PAULKIATECH, ASE Certified Technician replied 10 years ago
PAULKIATECH
PAULKIATECH, ASE Certified Technician
Hi my name is XXXXX XXXXX I am a KIA dealership technician. If the dealership tested the remote and found that it is sending a signal and the vehicle is not responding than the issue would be with the module. You can double check this by taking it to your local autozone, they have the same tester, to make sure the remote is good. The price you were quoted on the module replacement is a fair price so in summary this does sounds right. I would just take the remote to autozone and have them check it to make sure.

Paul
PAULKIATECH
PAULKIATECH, ASE Certified Technician