Kia

Kia Troubleshooting Questions? Ask a Mechanic

Kia

Kia Spectra EX HOW DO I BLEED THE BRAKES AFTER REPLACING THE

Customer Question
HOW DO I BLEED THE...
HOW DO I BLEED THE BRAKES AFTER REPLACING THE FRONT LEFT CALIPER ON A 2004 KIA SPECTRA
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Kia
11/1/2011
Kia Mechanic: john aka eauto, The Car Guy  replied 6 years ago
john aka eauto
john aka eauto, The Car Guy
Hi . Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer.

Air bleeding

1. Jack up vehicle and support it with safety stands.

Caution: Brake fluid reservoir must be 3/4 full during air bleeding.

1. Remove bleeder cap and attach a vinyl hose to bleeder plug.
  2. Place other end of vinyl tube in a clear container.
  3. Depress brake pedal a few times, and then hold it in depressed position.
  4. Have a second person loosen the bleeder screw, drain out fluid, and retighten screw with SST (OK130 430 019). Tightening torque: 4.3 - 6.5 ft. lbs. (5.9 - 8.8 Nm, 0.6 - 0.9 kg-m)

Caution:

aBoth people should stay in voice contact with each other.
bBe sure pedal remains depressed until air bleed screw is tightened.
  1. Repeat steps 4 and 5 until no air bubbles are seen.
  2. Check for correct brake operation.
  3. Verify that there is no fluid leakage. Clean away any spilled fluid with rags.

1. After air bleeding, add brake fluid to reservoir to specified level.

Notice: Air bleeding must bee done from bleeder screw that is farthest from the master cylinder.

Thank you again for trusting us with your problem. John aka eauto
john aka eauto
john aka eauto
john aka eauto, The Car Guy