Cardoctor69
Cardoctor69, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master
3827149

I have a base Kia Rio 2006 base model. I have a P0496 code.

I have a base Kia Rio 2006 base model.

I have a P0496 code. I want to clear the codes but aslo, I am hoping this stops my car from jerking after stops and low rpms. My car runs fine other than the jerking at stops and at low rpms. I went to Autozone to buy a purge valve to fix it but I think they gave me the wrong thing. It's the same photo that comes up on their website but when I search for purge valve but it's not the same as what's the Kia forums are calling a purge control surge valve and it's not the same as what's on my car. They sold me their Part Number: 911-803. What I have looks more like this, http://www.kia-forums.com/3g-2006-rio-rio5/51427-purge-valve.html. Can you tell what I should be looking for and a part number from one of the big three auto part stores?

I also have a P0532 code. This looks like and A/C but I do not have an A/C. I have buttons for an A/C but my car is base and does not have an A/C and the buttons do not appear to be connected to anything.

The last issue I have is a have an air bag light on and i am not sure where it's coming from.

I know I have a lot of question here so I am prepared to pay per issue.
Category: Kia
Expert:  Cardoctor69 replied 5 years ago.
This is what you need .
ClickHere
This is for the P0496 code
I will post for the p0532 code next .
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Why does it look different from what I have on my car? ...and if it's correct do you have photo or something to show me where to put it?
There's a purge valve and a canister purge valve . You need to replace the canister purge valve under the vehicle on the evap canister.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I don't have a photo. Is it the one on the tank? Is it accessable without removing the tank or do needing some special tools other than a jack?
It's located under vehicle back drivers side next to the tank.You need number 6 in the diagram for the code.
ClickHere
Hoped this helped. Positive feedback and bonuses greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

The diagram only shows 1.

Sorry wrong diagram . You need number 6.
ClickHere
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
This answer one of the questions. The base was $27. How much to answer each of the next two questions?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Looks like the additions will go on the bonus or be another question all together. Please advise before I pay.

P0532 is for the A/c pressure sensor low voltage if you do not have a/c it's ether the harness is damaged to add the a/c or just a false code and will erase when disconnecting the battery . As for the srs light if the vehicle was not in an accident and the horn works the most common issue is a faulty seat belt buckle covered lifetime of the vehicle . If the horn does not work it would he the cable reel. To he sure the srs system would need to be scanned to get the correct code. These are the next steps. Just click the green accept again and that's fine with me and we can be square. If you ever need anything else just let me know. Hoped this helped. Positive feedback and bonuses greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I apologize for keep asking but I would like to be fair. You have given me lots of info and the base amount was $27. Is $54 fair to you? If not, let me know what's fair to you.
Yes absolutely and you can add a bonus if you would like after clicking accept .