Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database
17871496

How do I change the fuel filter on my 2003 Kia Rio?

Welcome to JustAnswer, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm here to help get your problem resolved. Ask follow up questions, thanks.

Here is a picture of where filter is located......Then at filter you will need to barrow fuel filter quick disconnect tool to slide into fitting at filter so it can be removed. Let me know if you have questions, thanks.

http://i386.photobucket.com/albums/oo303/djenn434/Uploads/filter_0000-2.jpg

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Can you give me more info on the 'quick disconnect tool' please?...Thanks

I was thinking of a different model....This vehicle does need no tool, there are tabs on the retainers that connect to feul filter....Just press them in and slide it off....If anything you can use a hanger bent in shape to help press in the tabs. Here is a picture of filte with tabs to press. http://www.kia-forums.com/attachments/1g-1994-2002-sportage/2764d1214318211-gas-filter-removal-02-kia-ff.jpg

Let me know if you have questions, thanks.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Thanks Dan, I'll give it a try (when it stops raining!). George
Sounds good, let me know if you run into questions....Pull fuel pump fuse and run vehicle until it stalls to relieve fuel pressure so there isnt much of a mess when pulling filter.