Dave Nova
Dave Nova, ASE Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certification. 25 yrs experience
11042942

Kia Sorento LX i got a 2007 kia sorrento with codes p161b,

Customer Question

i got a 2007 kia sorrento with codes p161b, p1295, p2106, it acts like in limp mode and when you give gas it makes a waaaaa sound
Category: Kia
Expert:  Dave Nova replied 6 years ago.
Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer. My name is David and I will do my best to help you with your Kia problem.

P1295 and P2106 refer to the ETC (electronic throttle control). This is located on the throttle body end of the large air intake hose. This part contains the throttle actuator and two throttle position sensors. Replacing the ETC is the fix for your problem.

The P161B code sets when actual engine torque does not equal the desired torque. Once the throttle control is repaired, this code should go away as well.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Did that and still the same
Expert:  Dave Nova replied 6 years ago.
What else have you done in trying to fix this problem?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
That's all as of now
Expert:  Dave Nova replied 6 years ago.
Is the problem continuous, or will it reset after the key is shut off and then happen again later on?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Its continuous doesn't change
Expert:  Dave Nova replied 6 years ago.
You will need to check the wiring going to the throttle body for any shorts, chafing or cut wires.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Did wiring is in great shape
Expert:  Dave Nova replied 6 years ago.
I don't know what else to have you check. I am going to opt out so other experts can help you with this question.