Kia

Kia troubleshooting questions? Ask a mechanic

Have got a kia sedona 2004 2.9 turbo deisel when you first…

Customer Question
have got a kia sedona...
have got a kia sedona 2004 2.9 turbo deisel when you first start driving the car while cold the automatic gear box works fine no problems , untill the car warms up then the gear box come out of gear and gose into nutral and the engine just revs , if you turn the car of for a few minuites and let it cool down the gearbox will drive ok again untill it warms up
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Kia
7/4/2010
Kia Mechanic: CTKiaTech, Kia Master Technician replied 8 years ago
CTKiaTech
CTKiaTech, Kia Master Technician

Hello and Thank you for choosing Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be the Kia Expert assisting you today.

It sounds like internal transmission problems like slipping clutches. This can be caused by fluid that has not been changed in a while and is not lubricating correctly causing the clutches inside to start slipping. There is not much you can do in this case, more than likely you will need to have the transmission replaced or rebuilt with new clutches. You can try adding an additive to the transmission that is specifically made for slipping transmissions.

CTKiaTech
CTKiaTech, Kia Master Technician

how do you fill and cheak the automatic transmission fluid