Kia

Kia troubleshooting questions? Ask a mechanic

2003 Kia sedona: blower..AC..I will smell antifreeze and I..van…

Customer Question
I have 2003 Kia Sedon...
I have 2003 Kia Sedon at the end of winter it lost heat (kinda of the heat was the there the blower worked but it was not very powerful), now that it is summer I have no AC checked all the circuits and the high pressure and it is full of freon. Occassionally I will smell antifreeze and I have checked the carpet see if it was wet. What is wrong with my van?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Kia
6/27/2010
Kia Mechanic: CTKiaTech, Kia Master Technician replied 8 years ago
CTKiaTech
CTKiaTech, Kia Master Technician

Hello and Thank you for choosing Just Answer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be the Kia Expert assisting you today.

• Do you know or do you hear the A/C compressor is clicking on?
  • Have you noticed any leaks under the vehicle or is the antifreeze low?
Iwork for GECIO and let me tell you I checked everything from oil in the coolant or in the over tank and the antifrezze level. I even pulled the carpet back and nothing. One thing I did notice is that every once in a while you hear a loud pop noise behind the drivers side of the dash. I just backed the van out of the driveway after sitting fora few weeks and no leaks.
If you hear a pop in the dash board, I would suspect a faulty temperature blend door or blend door motor getting stuck in the heater box.
what is a blend door

It is a flapper door inside the heater box that switches the hot air to cold air when you turn the dials on the controls panel.

I do feel air coming out of the vents, is this possible if the flapper door is broke?
Yes, Since you said at one point you had no heat and then you have no air conditioning, I would suspect that.
CTKiaTech
CTKiaTech, Kia Master Technician
thanks, XXXXX XXXXX work on this and let you know if that is the problem

i want to know if you had the diagram of how to do gain access for the flapper door?

Do you have the diagram for the blend door