Kia

Kia troubleshooting questions? Ask a mechanic

Kia: loose power..I turn it off and restart it and generally drives…

Customer Question
My Kia is a...
My Kia is a Sadonia. It does loose power while I am driving and I turn it off and restart it and generally drives normally.Is this a filter problem?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Kia
6/21/2010
Kia Mechanic: Cardoctor69, ASE Certified Technician  replied 8 years ago
Cardoctor69
Cardoctor69, ASE Certified Technician
Is the check engine light on?
yes
OK do you know th code stored.This can be a throttle position sensor issue .Any auto zone will scan the car for free.Once we have the code we can properly diagnose the fault.Can you get the code?

I appreciate your trying to answer the problem with my car but unfortunately I cannot wait any longer as I have a 1:00pm appointment today with a KIA dealership so I do not have any more time to investigate this any longer. I do appreciate your trying to help me and in the future when I have a problem, I will use your service. Thank you, XXXXX

Ok the problem is most likely a throttle position sensor issue,fuel issue etc..Once the dealer gives you the code post it here and I can tell you what exactly it is thats failing and if the dealer is telling the truth .Having the code lets us diagnose the car properly.