Jeep

Have Jeep questions? Ask a Jeep repair expert for answers

Abs light on 2016 jeep wrangler. Solid. 75000

Abs light on 2016...

Abs light on 2016 jeep wrangler

Mechanic's Assistant: Is the ABS light blinking or flashing, or is it solid? When did you first notice it?

Solid

Mechanic's Assistant: What's the approximate mileage on your 2016 Wrangler?

75000

9/25/2021
Jeep Mechanic: MICHAEL, ASE Certified Technician replied 1 year ago
MICHAEL
MICHAEL, ASE Certified Technician
Hello, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** for giving us a chance to help with your Jeep. So the first thing that needs to be done is we need to retrieve the fault codes from the ABS control module. For this you will need a scan tool that is capable of communicating with the ABS side of things. Let me know what you find out and we can go from there.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
U140cAlso a code for right rear speed sensorwhen measuring voltage on wire 11.75 DC

Ok so what other code do you have? Also I need to know what wire you are measuring voltage on? I am attaching the flow chart for the code u140c. From what information you have given it does sound as if the right wheel speed sensor has failed. When you are driving down the road can you see all 4 wheel speed sensors reading the same mile per hour reading?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No I don't have that Capability11.75 volts is the from the wiring harnesses
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
c102b which is right rear wheel speed sensorreplaced right rear speed sensor no change

Ok, so without a scan tool you are going in blind. The original code you gave me is what I sent the flow chart for. It listed abs control module , transmission control module and tottaly intergrated power module (fuse box) as possible sources of fault. The TIPMs are notorious for failing. Do you have any codes pertaining to the TIPM? This is gonna be a tough one to diag at home without have a scantool to watch live data with. You very well may be money ahead by going to the dealership.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
the light goes off and on

If it's coming on and off while driving it sounds like a possible damaged harness or bad connection at one of the junctions. Try disconnecting the three modules listed above. Look for any signs of corrosion and the connectors, and also make sure the lock assurance tabs are all in tact amd locked in like they are suppose to be.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok I borrowed a scan tool I'm not getting a mph from the right rear sensor

Ok, next step is we need to trace the wires from the ABS sensor to the abs control module. I will have to pull the wiring diagram up when I get back to the shop on Monday. You said you have battery voltage on on of the 2 wires, what do you have on the other side. You can pull the connector from the left side and see if you get the same values for both of the wires from one side to the other.

I did download the wire diagram already before I left today, sorry I forgot I had done that. Here it is. We need to check continuity from the ABS module to the sensor. It appears to be one wire that is yellow and the other is yellow with a dark blue stripe. Let me know what the resistance of these wires are. I am attaching the diagram now.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
06 ohm from back to front on yellow wire same volt on right side as is on left side got continuity on both wires
If you have continuity on both wires and your power feed is the same on left and right then you may have a bad tone ring or bad abs computer. I lean more towards conputer being the issue than tone ring. Typically when the tone ring goes bad you will get some sort of reading. Unless the tone ring is completely missing.
MICHAEL
MICHAEL, ASE Certified Technician