Jeep

Have Jeep questions? Ask a Jeep repair expert for answers

I have a 2005 jeep grand Cherokee thats missing the washer…

I have a 2005 jeep...
I have a 2005 jeep grand Cherokee thats missing the washer reservoir lines. Im looking to get a diagram for the whole wiper fluid system so i know what i need to get
Jeep Mechanic: TIM, SERVICE MANAGER replied 1 year ago

The front washer plumbing consists of a small diameter rubber hose (6) or hard plastic tubing that is routed along with the rear washer plumbing (4) from the washer reservoir (1) located at the left front corner of the engine compartment. Both hoses or tubes are attached to their respective front or rear outlet nipple of the washer pump/motor unit (2) near the bottom of the reservoir. The hoses are then secured by three plastic push-in type retainers (3) to the left side sheet metal within the engine compartment to the left side of the dash panel (11).

From the dash panel, the two washer hoses or tubes are routed separately. The front hose or tube is routed up toward the hood (10), while the rear hose or tube is routed through a grommet and a hole (5) in the dash panel into the passenger compartment. The front hose or tube is secured to the left side of the inner hood panel reinforcement by a plastic push-in type retainer (7). Two plastic in-line fittings and a molded rubber tee (8) provide the take out for the left washer nozzle, and a plastic in-line fitting with a molded rubber elbow (9) terminate and connect the front hose or tube at the right washer nozzle.

Washer hose or tube is available for service only as roll stock, which must then be cut to length. The molded plastic washer hose fittings cannot be repaired. If these fittings are ineffective or damaged, they must be replaced

TIM
TIM, SERVICE MANAGER
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thank you!