Jeep

Have Jeep questions? Ask a Jeep repair expert for answers

I got a 2014 jeep patriot i someone did engine swap from…

Customer Question
I got a 2014...

I got a 2014 jeep patriot i someone did engine swap from a2007 caliber both 2.0 i try to start the car but thete is no spark on the plugs

Mechanic's Assistant: Will the headlights turn on? Is the battery fully charged?

Yes it crank

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Patriot yourself? What have you tried so far?

Try 2 more pcm and still no spark then try a older one from a 2011 patriot and it fires up rigth away

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

My concern is about the reluctor wheel

Submitted: 18 days ago.Category: Jeep
6/1/2018
Jeep Mechanic: Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager replied 18 days ago
Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager

HI,

I believe the crank sensor reluctor wheels are different. Give me about 10 minutes to verify

HI,

Ok, same 32 teeth with one long tooth.

There is a difference in the connectors - see attached

Not only do the pins read in different directions 1-2-3 versus 3-2-1, but the functions of pin 2 and 3 are opposite

for the 2014 Patriot

1 F855 PK/YL 20 5 VOLT SUPPLY
2 K925 DB/GY 20 CKP GROUND
3 K24 LB/BR 20 CKP SIGNAL

for the 2007 Caliber

1 CKP SENSOR 5 VOLT SUPPLY K853 20DB/BR
2 CKP SENSOR SIGNAL K24 20BR/LB
3 CKP SENSOR GROUND K925 20DB/WT

So I would start by checking to see if the connector was repinned or not. If not, then re-pin according to the provide pinouts

If for any reason, you can't rate my answer OKAY, GOOD, or EXCELLENT/3 STARS OR HIGHER today. Please reply and let me know why, so I can help more/better. All follow up responses are FREE, after completing the required rating
Please remember to rate service using the separate rating page. Thank you
Please note that if you have a subscription service, you still are required to rate service, however you are not charged again. This is just so that your expert is credited for their time and services. Thank you.

Customer reply replied 18 days ago
I got 2014 crank sensor and i instal a new engine harnnes
Customer reply replied 6 days ago
Waiting for my answer
Jeep Mechanic: eric remington,
 replied 6 days ago
eric remington

Fires up with a 2o11 pcm...so use that

Jeep Mechanic: eric remington,
 replied 6 days ago

you put an 07 motor in a 2014

Jeep Mechanic: eric remington,
 replied 6 days ago

not legal

Customer reply replied 6 days ago
I put a 2007 caliber on a 2014 jeep patriot both 2.0 the salvage yard says is the same engine from 2007 to 2014
Customer reply replied 6 days ago
There is no spark on the spark plugs i take it to dodge dealirship and they tell me i neef a new ecm then i try 3 2014 ecm then i found a 2011 jeep at the salvage yard put it on and it work the problem wiht this ecm 2011 is cvt tranny and 2014 is automatic
Jeep Mechanic: eric remington,
 replied 6 days ago

Maybe same engine size....better check with manufacturer rather than taking junk yards words as to specific details....If you are having to change wiring harnesses and sensors etc then chances are your computer is a different part number. Plus you have a lot of different modules....so you have to stick with everything 14 no using 07 harness...make sense? if sensors are different than you need to put on 14 if it doesn't fit then you got wrong motor... make sense?

Jeep Mechanic: eric remington,
 replied 6 days ago

Use 14 harness and sensors only

Jeep Mechanic: eric remington,
 replied 6 days ago

If its _"the same" it should work

Jeep Mechanic: eric remington,
 replied 6 days ago

take all the sensors out of the 14 motor and put in the 07./...ok?

Customer reply replied 6 days ago
I use all 2014 sensors and a new wiring harness from dealership
Customer reply replied 6 days ago
Other of your mechanics check that allready and says its the same engine
Customer reply replied 6 days ago
Something i dont underststand if the computers pins are in a diferent position 2011 amd 2014
Jeep Mechanic: eric remington,
 replied 6 days ago

CAn only use 2014 computer....If you need repairs/ reflash go to www.siaelec.com and send them pcm for repairs

Jeep Mechanic: eric remington,
 replied 6 days ago

I have know way of knowing if info you received is accurate about motor

Jeep Mechanic: eric remington,
 replied 6 days ago

You will need to find a mechanic to diagnose no spark if pcm and wring sensors are all put back to 2014 and still dont work

Jeep Mechanic: eric remington,
 replied 6 days ago

Unless you know how to perform waveform tests....

Jeep Mechanic: eric remington,
 replied 6 days ago

make sense?