Jeep

Have Jeep questions? Ask a Jeep repair expert for answers

It all of sudden won't start. Mechanic said it isn't

Customer Question
It all of sudden...

It all of sudden won't start. Mechanic said it isn't anything with battery or starter. The check engine light keeps flashing

Mechanic's Assistant: Does the light stay on, or does it blink?

Its Blinking

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Jeep?

2014 Grand Cherokee Trail Hawk

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Grand Cherokee yourself? What have you tried so far?

We are trying to. Checked the battery terminal and used a battery charge

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Jeep
5/29/2018
Jeep Mechanic: Pete, Technician replied 2 months ago
Pete, Technician

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today. In some cases, I may need more info to assist better. I apologize for any delay.
I try to be here most weekdays and some weekends. If you respond and I do not respond back right away I will do so as soon as I can.

Since the check engine light is flashing this is to alert to you that the engine computer has detected a fault with one or more of its components. What has to be done from here is to have a fully compatible scan tool or computer plugged into your model's data port to read the computer for the fault code that is set with this issue. Once this is done the code can then be diagnosed to then help to locate and repair this fault here.

The computer is either disabling the starting due to an issue it sees or there is a starting component at fault like the ignition switch or relay or computer itself which is why it will not start and is flashing the light.

The codes do have to be read out with a fully compatible scan tool or computer to then know for sure what has to be replaced or repaired to resolve this fault here.

Computer failure internally or the ignition switch can cause this fault among other things.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above). You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question. I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases, it can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Thanks, Pete

Not right now. We are going to do what you said. I still might need help though

No problem. The phone call feature is an automated offer all customers are offered.No need to accept as we can always continue here if needed.

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here or above ( should be a link to click on ) as this is how I receive credit for my time, this can be done at any time and you can still come back here and reply if needed. Your 5-star rating is appreciated

Thanks Pete