Jeep

Have Jeep questions? Ask a Jeep repair expert for answers

2018 wrangler Sahara unlimited. 700 miles on it. Touchscreen…

Customer Question
2018 wrangler Sahara unlimited...

2018 wrangler Sahara unlimited. 700 miles on it. Touchscreen just stopped working

Mechanic's Assistant: Is the device aftermarket, or did it come with the vehicle?

With it

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Wrangler yourself? What have you tried so far?

I have done nothing to the Jeep. Totally factory built. Turned engine off and on. Didn’t work. Touch screen just stopped

Submitted: 28 days ago.Category: Jeep
5/28/2018
Jeep Mechanic: Chris, Shop Foreman replied 28 days ago
Chris
Chris, Shop Foreman

Hello, my name is ***** ***** am a shop foreman at a Jeep dealer. The unit may have locked up. Try this: disconnect the negative battery cable for 5 minutes and then reconnect it. Hopefully that will reboot the radio. If not, then I am afraid the radio will need to be replaced. Let me know how it goes.

Chris

Please note that of course the repair will be covered under warranty.

Chris

I hope this information/answer is helpful, and if so would you please help me and rate my service using the stars at the top of the page or 'accept' my answer.
Rating or accepting my answer does not cost you extra, and does not close this session. It allows me to be credited for this Q&A.
If you cannot rate or do not see where to rate, please let me know!
You can ask follow-up questions after you rate or accept. Thank-you!

Chris

Customer reply replied 27 days ago
Thanks for the reply. Tried disconnecting the battery to reboot but didn’t work. Apparently the CarPlay function has a bug that can lock it up when using an iPhone. After a few hours it started working again
Jeep Mechanic: Chris, Shop Foreman replied 27 days ago
You are welcome! There may be a software update for that issue. Ask the dealer to check and update the radio's software.
I hope that my information was helpful, and if so, would you kindly take a moment and rate my service or accept my answer using the just answer star rating system? I would really appreciate it.I will still be able to help you out even after you rate me.
Thank you!Chris
I hope that my information was helpful, and if so, would you kindly take a moment and rate my service or accept my answer using the just answer star rating system? I would really appreciate it. I will then get credit for helping youThank you!Chris
Jeep Mechanic: Chris, Shop Foreman replied 25 days ago

Hello, just wondering if you still need help. I replied back to you several days ago and have not heard back at all. Please let me know. If you no longer need any more help, then that is fine, but please let me know so I can close this session.

Thank you!

Chris