Jeep

Have Jeep questions? Ask a Jeep repair expert for answers

Dashboard doesn’t work and wipers won’t turn off. Haven’t…

Customer Question
Dashboard doesn’t work and...

Dashboard doesn’t work and wipers won’t turn off

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuses? Do you know if there is power to the wiper motor?

Haven’t figured out from the manual which fuse is for the dashboard

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Jeep?

08 unlimited

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Nothing yet. Looking up fuse and saw a comment to disconnect and reconnect the negative terminal. Gonna do that

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Jeep
Answered in 1 minute by:
5/27/2018
Jeep Mechanic: Amedee, Jeep Technician replied 2 months ago
Amedee
Amedee, Jeep Technician

Hello and welcome!

My name isCustomerand I can assist you with your question.

This problem could be a few different possible causes. One of which would be a faulty instrument cluster or power distribution center. YES, start by checking all of the fuses and do the battery reset procedure and go from there. If the problem remains, the cluster may need to be replaced.

I am glad I can help! Keep in mind this is a "starting point". My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5-star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.