Jeep

Have Jeep questions? Ask a Jeep repair expert for answers

I have a 2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo that we are trying…

Customer Question
I have a 2006...

I have a 2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo that we are trying to replace the starter on and can’t seem to find where it is

Mechanic's Assistant: When you turn the key, do you get a single loud click, or a series of rapid ones?

Loud click

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Grand Cherokee yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes we are. Tested battery. Tried to jump battery to no avail.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

It’s a 2006 3.7 L with a V6

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Jeep
5/26/2018
Jeep Mechanic: Mike V., Auto Service Technician replied 2 months ago
Mike V.
Mike V., Auto Service Technician

My name is ***** ***** give me a moment to review your question Thanks.The site will prompt a call.I will let you know if it's necessary

Can you double check the engine size? I am only showing the 4.7 or the 4.0 engine for this model and year.

Thank you.

Where do I find that information. The guy I bought the starter off of said that the vin number told me how to figure out what it was

Should be on the label under the hood on the core support

If not I could use the 8th digit of the vin to find out what you have under there.

the label says 3.7. It’s on the emission control sticker

Is it possible this is a liberty?

I just don't have a listing for the 3.7 is all and I know they used that in the liberty

Nope it’s a Laredo
But we just found the starter so I think we’re good for now

Ok, best of luck to you!

All set works like a dream once again

That's great news!!