Jeep

Have Jeep questions? Ask a Jeep repair expert for answers

Whwn putting key in ignition it will not turn. and also

Customer Question
Whwn putting key in...

Whwn putting key in ignition it will not turn. and also cannot get it out of parked.

Mechanic's Assistant: Can you turn the steering wheel at all? And what about the key? Is it worn or damaged?

No. we have 2 keys and neither works

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Jeep?

Renegade 2015

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Renegade yourself? What have you tried so far?

Just the keys

Submitted: 30 days ago.Category: Jeep
Customer reply replied 30 days ago
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer reply replied 30 days ago
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer reply replied 30 days ago
the remote start works, just cannot turn the ignition key
5/26/2018
Jeep Mechanic: Chris (aka-Moose), Technician replied 29 days ago
Chris (aka-Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka-Moose).

• THE TIME I AM ONLINE, 7 days a week normally online around midday and then late evening until early morning.
  • PHONE CALLS are automatically offered by the website normally after my first reply. I complete calls where I feel it is a benefit.
  • UPLOADED LINKS I SEND, if I upload dropbox links, they will open on a home PC, often they fail on a work PC, on a phone use the box on the top right of your phone screen for direct download.

Your steering wheel may be locked.

Raise the front wheels off the ground to relieve pressure on the steering system and see if the key will turn?

You can also do the emergency shifter release and let it roll in reverse to see if this allows the key to turn as the vehicle rolls.

Let me know.

You now will see a rating scale a row of yellow stars from bad to excellent, because I have posted my 1st full/partial answer. When you rate I get a portion of the deposit you made, no rating means you still paid, but I earn nothing. My goal is understanding your question, and addressing it in full detail. In return, receiving a 5-star rating. Rating does not close the post or stop the conversation. Please keep in contact and reply as much as needed. Thanks, Chris

Jeep Mechanic: Chris (aka-Moose), Technician replied 24 days ago

Hello, Chris here again,

I am checking in to make sure you got everything you expected from my INFO REQUEST / ANSWER in return for the fees you have already paid. I want those fees to benefit you and me. If any part of my response is unclear, please let me know. It’s my goal to deliver excellent 5-star service you're pleased with, so if I've done that, please don't forget to give me a 5-star rating.

Thanks, Chris