Jeep

Have Jeep questions? Ask a Jeep repair expert for answers

I just replaced the battery in my girlfriend's 2011 Grand…

Customer Question
I just replaced the...

I just replaced the battery in my girlfriend's 2011 Grand Cherokee and now the interior lights will not shut off at all.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the vehicle's manual for this?

What exactly would I look for?

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Grand Cherokee yourself? What have you tried so far?

I've just replaced the battery, and all went well until she started the car tonight and the dome light wouldn't turn off while driving or after exiting the Jeep. I have tried every light setting available, but I have to think it something to do with the battery replacement, since it's never occurred before.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I don't think so.

Submitted: 19 days ago.Category: Jeep
4/2/2018
Jeep Mechanic: Chris (aka-Moose), Technician replied 19 days ago
Chris (aka-Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka-Moose).

• THE TIME I AM ONLINE, 7 days a week normally online around midday and then late evening until early morning.
  • PHONE CALLS are automatically offered by the website normally after my first reply. I complete calls where I feel it is a benefit.
  • UPLOADED LINKS I SEND, if I upload dropbox links, they will open on a home PC, often they fail on a work PC, on a phone use the box on the top right of your phone screen for direct download.

While running and a door is opened, does the instrument cluster show a door ajar warning? Is that warning off with all doors closed?

Customer reply replied 19 days ago
My girlfriend fixed the problem last night. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Good job

Chris
Chris
Chris, Shop Foreman