Jeep

Have Jeep questions? Ask a Jeep repair expert for answers

Trying to locate the blower motor relay on my 2001 grand…

Customer Question
Trying to locate the...

Trying to locate the blower motor relay on my 2001 grand Cherokee.

Mechanic's Assistant: Okay, I'll connect you to the mechanic to help find that for your Jeep Grand Cherokee. Before I do, is there anything else you want him to know?

Fan stays on after vehicle shut off.

Submitted: 25 days ago.Category: Jeep
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/30/2018
Jeep Mechanic: Randall C, ASE Master Tech replied 25 days ago
Randall C
Randall C, ASE Master Tech

Hello, I am Randall. I am working on answering your question now, Please allow me a few min to reply. Meantime? you may see a popup for phone call, I do NOT send this, the system does, I would prefer to keep in chat/email however, at times a call may help. I can not send files or diagrams via phone so lets start out in chat/email and go from there. Back shortly, Thanks

what engine size? and do you have the manual HVAC or full automatic HVAC?

Customer reply replied 25 days ago
4.7, no manual.

thanks, ***** *****

You do NOT have a blower relay, 98 % of the time when this condition occurs? its the blower motor controller, This is the same part as a blower resistor in manual HVAC system, When they start to fail? the blower will stay on all the time, I have attached a file showing how to change it and some information below

Models equipped with the optional Automatic Zone Control (AZC) system have a blower motor controller. The controller allows the selection of almost infinitely variable blower motor speeds. The controller is mounted to the HVAC housing, under the instrument panel and just inboard of the blower motor, in the same location used for the blower motor resistor on manual temperature control systems. It can be accessed without removing any other components.

Please rate my service provided using the rating stars on your page.
Rating now doe NOT close this post.
You can still come back to me after leaving a rating for me.
This is only for JA to track my service, Thanks. Randall

Customer reply replied 25 days ago
Thank you, ***** ***** afraid of that but was prepared for it. Appreciate it.

Sorry, can only send as it may be and in your case, I feel near 98% you need the controller, This is most common for this,

Rating now doe NOT close this post.

Randall C
Randall C
Randall C, ASE Master Tech