Jeep

Have Jeep questions? Ask a Jeep repair expert for answers

2007 laredo 4.7 litre, dash lights say check guages, service…

2007 laredo 4.7 litre...

2007 laredo 4.7 litre, dash lights say check guages, service suspension, engine light on, abs light on, no high beams and signal lights and hazards work intermittently

Mechanic's Assistant: Does the light stay on, or does it blink?

Stays on and also tach works intermittently, checked all fluid levels and battery is good

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '07 Jeep?

Laredo, same as Grand Cherokee

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Grand Cherokee yourself? What have you tried so far?

Checked all fluids, checked battery voltage, scanned for codes but there are no DTC's

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Radio quit working also

3/29/2018
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

Hey how are you ,I will Try to Help you with This Issue
In some cases, I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.
I am here Sunday through Friday from around 5 am to 9 pm Eastern time.Zone If you respond and I do not respond back right away I will do so as soon as I can.
If you see a call request on your screen ,That is an automated feature the web site offers all customers.

This could be a BCM module or IP issue ,

try this below if the battery is good

Master Reset

1-Disconnect Both Battery Cables ,Positive & Negative .

2- Touch Cables With Each Other For 60 Secs ( this will take any residual power in the Harness to Reset the Vehicle Modules )

3- Wait 30 min

4- Close all doors and trunk

5- Reconnect Battery Positive First

6- Use The Key in The Driver Side Door

Lock Cylinder to Lock it & Unlock,IF You have only a Key Fob ,use it to lock and unlock

7- Enter vehicle and Start it .

Let me know if it reset and we go from there

Are you looking for the most possible causes or you are repairing it yourself .

Please Let Me Know

Thank You

Chad Farhat

i am trying to repair it myself, so i will try what you suggested and let you know

ok sounds good ,This just a start , i want see if it resets, let me know

ok, did what you suggested and looks like it all reset but after running and driving for approx 10 minutes, the probles all returned.
problems all returned

ok , I believe the BCM body control module or IP(Instrument panel ) module like I mentioned before is our issue,in some cases we can reflash them with new updated software in some we replace them , do not waist time ,take to dealer there scanner will have the software and / or the scanner needed here to confirm and check for faults in pending and history files in these modules , i have changed several for same issue ,bcm is most common but ip also ,so we need to scan with capable scanner

the fact it reset is ,for sure one of these modules is cutting ,what we call can bus line between modules and all goes haywire , both of these modules bcm or ip will need a scanner to be replaced , they are not plug and play parts ,will need programed to car

Please Take a Second and Click the Stars at the Top of Your Screen To Rate Me , So I May receive My my Credit , A 5 Stars Rating is Much Appreciated

You are very welcome :)

Please Read Below How to Get Back in touch with Me

Follow Up Questions are Included in The Price of Your Question ,So Feel Free To Ask Me.

Please Keep in Mind that when you Rate Me , it Does Not End our Conversation.

You Can Always Come Back to this Conversation and Ask Me any Follow up Question you May have on this Issue

(You can Copy this Link Page & Paste it in your Browser when Ready and it will Open up our Conversation Again)

or there should be a Tab on your Screen to Add me As Your Favorite Expert

I'm Online Daily from 7 Am Till Late Eastern Time Zone

Thank You?Chad Farhat?ASE Certified Technician

Chad Farhat
Thanks very much, i will talk to the Dodge dealer in my city.

ok sounds good, keep me updated,

Thank you for the Rating :)

If you need my assistance in the future, Start your Question with (FOR CHAD FARHAT ONLY) or Go to my profile page

You can also add me as Favorite expert for any future questions

http://www.justanswer.com/car/expert-chadfarhat/?rpt=3800

Hi chad, just a follow up, you were correct, took to the dodge dealer here and they reflashed and updated the software, there were issues with the can bus causing the problem, all is good now thanks for your help.

AWESOME AWESOME :):),i M GLAD

REMEMBER ER TO CALL ON ME IN FUTURE IF HELP NEEDED :)

Thank you for the Rating :)