Jeep

Have Jeep questions? Ask a Jeep repair expert for answers

I have a 1999 wj with 30 front and 44HD rear, 4.0. So the…

Customer Question
I have a 1999...

I have a 1999 wj with dana 30 front and 44HD rear, 4.0. So the engine threw a rod. I got a mildly but totaled 2001 wj with a 30 front and 35 rear, 4.0 has 80k. So ive got the engine swapped but just noticed the front drive lines are different. The 01 has a u joint in the front drive line but the 99 is constant volocity at both ends and is a different length.. What the heck am I to do here. BTW already installed 2.5' suspension lift and 32s..Help please...

Mechanic's Assistant: How has the ride been lately? Have you noticed any fluid under the car?

Its not done yet Just noticed this drive line issue

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '99 Jeep?

Laredo

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes. Straight forward swap out of an o1... My issue is the rear drive line is about bottomed out due to the difference in front drive line lengths caused by differential differences

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Transfer case drop kit is in. cant figure out what to do about the front

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Jeep
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
3/29/2018
Jeep Mechanic: Chris (aka-Moose), Technician replied 3 months ago
Chris (aka-Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka-Moose).

• THE TIME I AM ONLINE, 7 days a week normally online around midday and then late evening until early morning.
  • PHONE CALLS are automatically offered by the website normally after my first reply. I complete calls where I feel it is a benefit.
  • UPLOADED LINKS I SEND, if I upload dropbox links, they will open on a home PC, often they fail on a work PC, on a phone use the box on the top right of your phone screen for direct download.

You can have custom driveshafts made to fit the length you need. Being that it is lifted this is actually the best option since the OEM shafts are no longer working within there strongest length during expansion and contraction. Since you also have a joint and flange issue this is really the best option for your setup. There are plenty of places that make driveshafts. Here is just one http://www.driveshaftsoftulsa.com/automotive-drive-shafts/

You now will see a rating scale 1=bad to-5=excellent because I have posted a full or partial answer instead of an info request. When you rate I get a portion of the deposit you made, no rating means you still paid, but I earn nothing. My goal is understanding your question, and addressing it in full detail. In return, receiving a 5-star rating. Rating does not close the post or stop the conversation. Please keep in contact and reply as much as needed. Thanks, Chris

Hello, Chris here again,

I am checking in to make sure you got everything you expected from my response. If any part of my response is unclear, please let me know. It’s my goal to deliver excellent service, so if I've done that, please don't forget to give me a 5-star rating.You can still reply. I want to make sure you were pleased with what you paid for.

Thanks Chris